Home Department News & Info Community Business


Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday


Closed on Wednesday

Closed for Lunch




Town of Orleans Justice Court

20558 Sunrise Ave.   PO Box 206

LaFargeville, NY 13656

Phone: 315-658-2272

Fax: 315-658-2065


Frequently Asked Questions:

When are the Court Sessions held?

Every Tuesday night from 7:00PM-9:00PM
District Attorney night is the third Thursday of every month by appointment.

What if I missed a court date?

Call the court immediately. You may be subject to a license suspension or a warrant could be issued for your arrest.

How do I answer my traffic ticket?

There are two forms of traffic tickets:
1.Yellow/White Hand Written Tickets
2.Computer Generated Tickets

It is the obligation of the receiving motorist to respond to the ticket. You must enter a plea on the ticket and mail it to the court by the date specified. You may also appear in person on the date specified to enter your plea in front of the Judge.

If you plead guilty, the Judge will render a decision and said decision will be mailed to you.

If you plead not-guilty you have 3 basic options:
1. Request a trial, at which you must appear.
2. Be sent a date to appear and speak with the District Attorney.
3. Write a letter with your not-guilty plea and attempt to get your ticket reduced through the mail.

If you have been charged with a misdemeanor you need to contact the court.

What is a supporting deposition?

A supporting deposition is a more detailed account of the ticket you were issued. If you received an electronically generated ticket, you may have been handed the supporting deposition at the time you were handed your ticket from the officer.

My license is suspended or is going to be suspended. What do I do?

If your suspension is with this court you need to contact the court to find out what you need to do.

If you are suspended in a court other than this one and received a ticket for said suspension in our court your first step is to contact the court you are suspended in and clear that up. Your second step would then be to contact this court for further instructions.

What are the acceptable methods of payment?

Payment may made with a money order, certified check or cash in person, US FUNDS ONLY.
Please make MO or certified check payable to: Town of Orleans Court

Trucking Company checks and Attorney checks are accepted in US FUNDS.

Payment with Master Card or Visa is accepted in person or by fax. NO PHONE PAYMENTS

To pay with credit card you will need the following information:
Defendant's name and address
Card holders name and signature
Card #
Card expiration date
3 digit code on the back of the card
Written authorization to charge the total due to the account provided.

If you wish to have a receipt sent to you please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment. Canadian residents' postage is not required.

For fax payment if you wish to have a receipt please request such on your fax.

How do I file a small claim and how much is the filing fee?

Small Claims can be filed with the Court Clerk. The party you are filing against must live, work, or have a place of business in the Town of Orleans. They must receive their mail in the Town of Orleans. You must have the exact mailing address. Post office boxes are not acceptable. The allowable maximum amount to claim is $3000.00. For claims up to $1000.00, the filing fee is $10.00. For claims over $1000.00, the filing fee is $15.00. For more information, you may pick up a booklet on small claims at the court office.

How do I contact New York State DMV?


Or Visit the NYS DMV Website at:


   Links:   School Closings & Delays Watertown Daily Times  Newzjunky.com World News N.Y. Times Wall Street Journal

Town of Orleans | 20558 Sunrise Avenue| LaFargeville, NY 13656 | Phone: (315) 658-9950 | Fax: (315) 658-2513

2010 Web design by Alicia in Association with Northshore Web Development Site last updated: 10/28/2013 04:56:37 PM